I start every morning out with two hot drinks. One is hot lemon water with a dash of honey and apple cider vinegar, and the next is a cup of herbal tea (which changes on the daily, I have a whole cabinet full!). I thought during the New Year, I would kick off my detox by combining the two! The herbal detox tea I’ve created is both very effective and delicious, which is always a plus, because quite frankly many of the store bought detox teas I’ve tried tasted like weeds- which, yes, many of them are, but they don’t have to taste like them!
I’ve re-used a couple ingredients that were players in my Detox Salad, as they are both helpful and delicious and added a few more to boost the detox effects!
– 2 Organic Lemons
– 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
– 1 Tablespoon Dried Mint
– 2-3 Medallions Fresh Ginger
– Very Hot Water (Steaming but not boiling)
– Raw, Unfiltered Honey (optional)
1. Set your water to heat up in a teakettle. (My teapot holds about four cups of water with the lemons).
2. Take your organic (make sure they are organic, this recipe calls for the use of the rind and you don’t want any chemicals in your detox tea!) lemons and slice them thinly. Line the bottom of your teapot with the lemon slices. Lemons help to detox your liver, and lemon in hot water especially flushes toxins from your system.
3. Combine mint (a great stomach soother), parsley (great for detoxing your kidneys and bladder), and ginger medallions (ginger is anti-bacterial, a stomach soother, and great for drawing out toxins from the digestive tract) in either a tea ball or stainless steel strainer and place in teapot.
4. Pour hot water over the dried herbal mixture, cover, and let the hot water steep for 8-10 minutes.
5. This tea is delicious on its own but if you would like a touch of sweetness, try adding honey, an antibacterial and immune boosting sweetener!
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
I love to start the New Year off with detoxing, to me it is like wiping the body clean and starting with a clean slate. How have your New Year’s resolutions been going? Let me know in the comments below!
|I wanted to see if selfies were possible with a DSLR. They are, you just look silly!