With the weather warming up and spring officially sprung, my body is slowly weaning itself off of winter’s warm comfort foods and craving something a bit fresher. So when I popped over to my local grocery store and saw some beautiful sprouts on sale I knew I wanted to make a simple brussels sprout salad with tons of flavor to celebrate spring!
This salad is amazing on its own, but I also love adding it into other dishes to ‘get my greens in’ and also add freshness and a great crunch. This particular batch I used half as is and then popped the other half into pasta for easy meals on the go! (You know me- anything I can pop in a mason jar and carry around I LOVE!)
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad Ingredients
4 Cups Brussels Sprouts
2 Cups Red Cabbage
1 Cup Carrots
1/2 Cup Green Onion
1/4 Cup Cilantro
For the dressing:
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 Tbs Shallot
1/2 Tsp Ginger
Salt and Pepper To Taste
1. Shave your veggies! The easiest way that I’ve found is to use a grater for the carrots, pop your sprouts into your food processor, and use a knife to chop your cabbage, green onion, and cilantro.
2. Add all ingredients except for the dressing into a large bowl.
3. For the dressing, finely mince your shallot and ginger.
4. Add the ginger and shallot to your olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk together.
5. Drizzle the dressing onto the salad and mix well.
This shaved brussels sprout salad really is that simple! Massive flavor, minimal work, and as fresh as spring can be! What is your favorite way to use brussels sprouts? As a cool weather crop, I’m always a little sad to see sprouts fade away into the summer so I like to use them as much as I can until they disappear!
Some links are affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Looks so beautiful, and I bet it takes very fresh! Yum!