The following is post sponsored by Wisdom Panel 3.0
My two Samoyeds are my fur-babies, and I spoil them as such. From their own Instagram account,to top tier food and homemade treats, I want to make sure that they get the best of the best. I know everything there is to know about them, and quite a bit of that information comes from knowing exactly what breed they are. Knowing your pup’s breed can be integral in diagnosing health issues, learning how to train your pup, and perfecting their nutrition plans.
While my girls are purebred Samoyeds from a show line, I have so many friends with puppies that are rescues and mixed breeds that aren’t exactly sure what breed of dog they actually have. Enter Mars Veterinary.
Mars Veterinary is the industry leader in canine genetic testing, and they have just launched their Wisdom Panel 3.0, a doggie DNA test that not only tests for breeds, but also for MDR1, a genetic mutation that is founds in many mixed breed dogs that can cause adverse effects from many common canine medications.
The Wisdom Panel is super easy to use, just a swab on the inside of your pups’ gums, and you get the results quickly, in just a few weeks!
Wisdom Panel® 3.0:
• Covers 250+ breeds, types and varieties including all those recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) and can be run for mixed-breed, designer, or purebred dogs.
• Provides ancestry information back to the great-grandparent level, MDR1 Genetic Mutation screening results, and a predicted weight profile.
• Can be done at home and consists of two swabs that the owner rubs between the gum and the cheek for 15 seconds to collect skin cells for DNA extraction.
• Results take approximately 2-3 weeks from the time the test reaches the lab.
• Can be run for mixed-breed, purebred and designer dogs. The owner chooses at the time of kit activation.
Because the folks at Mars want to get as many people as possible to get their dogs tested, they are hosting a series of Swab-a-thon events where you can bring your pup in to get tested at a discounted rate ($39.99 for on-site swabbing, $49.99 for a take home kit – down from the regular price of $84.99).
Make sure to keep up on product discounts and events by popping over to their Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest profiles!
Will you be getting your dog swabbed? Let me know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply