Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! I thought it would be fun to share something green and delicious- no pinching here! This spinach pasta dough is easy to make and super easy to save, it dries well and cooks in just minutes. Also, it is incredibly versatile, you can cut it in any way you please, it holds together well so is perfect for ravioli, lasagna and anything else you can dream up!
1. Using a steamer insert, steam your washed spinach until it is soft. Let cool, and then dry using a paper towel.
2. Add dried spinach to a food processor and puree until smooth.
3. Add eggs to spinach puree, and pulse until smooth.
4. Mix both flours and salt together on your (clean!) counter. Shape into a mound and then create a well in the mound large enough to add your egg/spinach mixture.
5. Add egg/spinach mixture and slowly incorporate flour into your well, until all of the mixture comes together.
6. Knead the mixture until smooth and elastic.
7. Let rest for an hour or so, allowing the gluten to relax so it stretches more easily!
8. Cut dough into manageable pieces so you can roll it out or run it through a pasta machine.
9. Cut into a pasta shape you like, then dry or cook immediately for 2-3 minutes or until al dente!