The Superbowl is on Sunday! And although technically I am a Patriots fan, I’m quite excited that the Broncos are playing- Denver is going to be SO much fun! However, while I’m not particularly jumping for joy over watching a football game (I much prefer hockey, thank you very much) I do plan on eating EVERYTHING. Tailgate food is one of my guilty pleasures and especially when said dish is able to be eaten by hand- such a caveman, I know. I whipped up a fun finger food dish that is quite easy to make and is sure to be a hit at your Superbowl party!
– Fingerling Potatoes
– ½ Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
– ½ Sweet Onion, Diced
– 1 Tablespoon Thyme
– 2-3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
– Olive Oil
– Sour Cream
– Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine potatoes, diced onion, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl, mix to coat potatoes.
3. Spread potato-onion mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in preheated oven and let bake 20-25 minutes or until onions are becoming translucent.
4. Remove from oven and let cool until you are able to handle the potatoes.
5. Cut each potato in half, then using a spoon (I used a grapefruit spoon) carefully scoop some of the baked potato from the shell to create boats. Reserve scooped potato in a bowl.
6. Add cheese, thyme, cooked onion, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste then mash well.
7. Using either a spoon or your fingers add heaping portions of the potato-cheese mixture into each of the potato boats.
8. Pop back in the oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese melts and the filling begins to brown.
9. Add a dollop of sour cream and a slice of chive to each potato half.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!
I love these easy to eat appetizers for a sporting event! Do you have a favorite Superbowl ready food? Let me know in the comments below, and if you have one, leave a link! I’d love to check them out!