Apparently my skin hates Colorado winters. While I love the fact that I’m a mile higher to the sun and don’t look like Casper the friendly ghost at the current moment (yay sunny winters!) somehow my face has decided to be both incredibly dry and acne prone at the same time. Not. Fair. So, to give my (very naughty) skin a treat every once in a while I use a face scrub to help slough off all of that dry winter skin and bring some light back into my face.
– ½ Cup Oatmeal
– 2 Tablespoons Organic Honey
– 2 Tablespoons Dried Lavender
– ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
I have a penchant for DIY beauty products especially when you can make them with all organic and deliciously smelling ingredients! Plus, I feel that when it comes to products simplicity is key. This scrub has just four ingredients: oatmeal, which is moisturizing, a gentle exfoliant, and is amazing at absorbing oil and impurities, honey, which has antiseptic qualities to prevent breakouts, lavender, which is a very soothing anti-inflammatory, and nutmeg, which has astringent, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. Add these all together and you have one fabulous face scrub.
1. In a blender or food processor, add oatmeal and pulse a few times to break up the oatmeal. You don’t want it to turn into flour, but break it down a bit.
2. Add lavender to the food processor, pulse to break up.
3. In a small bowl combine oats, lavender, and nutmeg. Combine well.
4. Add honey to your oats mixture.
5. Mix well. I use my hands to better combine all the ingredients. Bonus: your hands will love you and will feel incredibly soft!
Simple, and incredibly effective, all natural face scrubs like this one are my go-to for harsh winter weather! Also, on a very silly note, this is also amazing over yogurt. Just saying!
Do you have a favorite face scrub or all natural beauty product? I’ve been debating starting a series on all natural beauty aids and would love to know if you, my lovely readers, would enjoy that? Let me know in the comments below!