It isn’t even technically summer yet but Denver is scorching hot! So I’ve decided to start my Summer Drink Series just a tad early- it was 97 degrees today in June so I’m thinking that that qualifies as summer in my book- summer solstice or no summer solstice! To kick this cocktail party off, I’ve created a refreshing white wine summer sangria with a few of my favorite flavors- plus you can’t go wrong with riesling and tequila!
This pitcher of sangria is super easy to create, all you need is a chopping board! However, for as easy as it may be- it is a bit better with time! You can absolutely make this as you’re setting up for a summer BBQ, but the flavors will mature with a few hours of sitting time so that the fruit can infuse your liquid.
Summer Sangria Ingredients
Two Cups Strawberries, Chopped
Four Limes, Sliced
One Cup Basil Leaves
1 Bottle Riesling (Mine is from Bonacquisti)
3/4 Cup Tequila (I used Don Julio Reposado)
12 Oz (One Can) Seltzer (I used La Croix Lime)
Summer Sangria Instructions
1. Start out by adding all sliced fruit into a large pitcher. I love using a glass pitcher because this cocktail is stunning!
2. Add in tequila and wine, stir to combine.
3. Stir in basil leaves, stir to muddle. Basil is one of my favorite flavors for summer, and it is a wonderfully unexpected herbal twist to a tequila cocktail!
4. Top off with seltzer for a bit of fizz- bubbles are always better!
5. Allow for sangria to infuse for about 1 hour in the refrigerator and then serve chilled with basil as a garnish!
Enjoy your summer sangria in the summer sun with friends or in a hammock on your own- just make sure you use something sturdy to drink out of- I love the new spiral Ball canning jars- because if you’re anything like me you’ll want to drink outside and your dogs will 100% knock over your cocktail at least once! What is your favorite summer drink? Let me know in the comments below or tag me in your favorite cocktail post on Instagram!
Some Links are affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
That looks delicious and so refreshing!
It looks so refreshing. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Himalayan PinkSalt says
This Strawberry Basil Sangria is exactly what your summer BBQ or picnic needs! Thanks for sharing such an amazing stuff.