A while back I shared a snap of a delicious breakfast I had up at my mom’s house on Instagram (not following me? Get on that!) and got quite a few requests for the recipe and I aim to please! These Dutch Apple Pie Pancakes are super simple and tasty; the recipe originally came from a friend of my mother’s but because I am incapable of leaving any recipe as is I added my own spin!
These pancakes taste like apple pie filling covered in fluffy clouds of batter, and honestly I have no idea how you could not like that! This recipe needs to be made in a skillet that can transfer from stove top into the oven, so make sure to check that your pan is oven safe! Pancakes that taste like dessert for breakfast? Yes, please.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Start to preheat your skillet to medium heat. Add coconut oil.
3. Core and slice apples.
4. Add apple spice mix to sliced apples and mix well (I like my apples super spicy, feel free to add spices to your liking.)
5. Sautee apples in skillet until soft.
6. As apples are cooking, mix batter ingredients together.
7. Pour over apples and place entire skillet in preheated oven.
8. Let bake for 20-25 minutes or until top of pancake starts to brown.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional) and serve hot!
Do you have a favorite dessert-for-breakfast recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply