This summer has been crazy, and this upcoming week even more so! I am really bad about eating when I get super busy because I tend to graze- eating whatever is close by and easy rather than eating more nutritiously. So I decided to help myself out a bit and make big batches of delicious food so I have something quick to grab when I’m hungry that will both fill me and fuel me!
Quinoa is one of my go-to quick dishes (seriously, I pop it in the rice cooker and walk away) and it is also super easy to ‘dress up’ by adding shallots, mushrooms, and squash you have a bold -flavored meal or side that you can eat cold or warm up!
1. Cook quinoa either in your rice cooker (super easy!) or on the stovetop.
2. While quinoa is cooking, add oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add shallot and garlic, stir until brown 2-3 minutes.
3. Add chopped mushrooms and thyme to shallot/garlic mixture. Let sweat. The mushrooms will reduce in size and become tender. About 5 minutes.
4. Add squash and let sweat, stirring frequently, allowing water to evaporate and squash to become tender. 5-8 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, combine quinoa and mushroom-squash mixture. Toss well.
6. Serve while hot, or pop in the fridge for later!
Do you plan ahead for busy weeks? Let me know your favorite make-ahead recipe in the comments below!
Some Links are Affiliate Links
Leave a Reply