I adore summer. I love the heat, the energy, the excitement it brings, and the fact that summer is a road-trip enthusiast’s best friend! From a few hours up to the mountains or a cross country trek, I love taking road trips. A few good friends, top down in the Wrangler, blasting old-school hip hop and Willie Nelson, they are always a good time!
As with any trip, there are a few essentials that you should bring outside of the normal toiletries and driver’s license. I’ve included a few of my favorite healthy living essentials that I’ll be bringing on all of my trips this summer!
1. A Water Bottle and Snacks! I am LOVING the Camelbak water bottle that was included in a room drop during the Blend retreat- it goes with me everywhere! As for snacks, while the general road food is sometimes necessary- I keep my protein up and my hunger down with Quest Bars! If you haven’t tried their cookie dough flavor you are missing out!
2. Hiking Boots. Yes, I know that you will most likely be sitting in your car for hours at a time, but sometimes you turn around a bend and see the most amazing vista. Always be prepared for adventure! I’m loving the stability of my Asolo hiking boots!
3. A Travel Yoga Mat. As a yogi I practice wherever I go- it might be on the rocks or on a hike in the dirt (both of which I highly recommend to reconnect with the earth) but sometimes you want to practice in a hotel room or a parking lot. A mat like the Manduka Travel Mat is super easy to pack and great for feeling comfortable taking your practice where ever you are!
4. Flips Headphones. I was sent these headphones to review and I IMMEDIATELY (capital letter completely necessary) fell in love. The headphones are amazing. Not only do they have amazing sound, but they are super comfortable and then (drum roll please) flip out to speakers!
They are perfect for practicing outdoors, come in their own carrying case and don’t require batteries- you can charge them like you would your phone! I used these little beauties to play music for an entire room full of Blend attendees when I taught a yoga class post-hike!
5. 1000 Places to See Before You Die. This book is both interesting and informative, I have an old copy that travels with me everywhere, and every time I visit a place in the book I highlight it!
What fun healthy living item would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments below!