I had so much fun doing my Summer Drink Series that I decided to continue the cocktail fun through the fall! While this time around I’ve decided to post every other week instead of every week, the drinks will still be season appropriate and very fun! To kick off the autumn series I’ve shared a cocktail that showcases two of my favorite spicy fall flavors, Cardamom and Clove.
1. In a small sauce pan combine simple syrup ingredients. Stir to dissolve sugar.
2. Bring simple syrup mixture to a boil and then let simmer for two minutes. Take off heat, strain, and let cool.
3. Add 3 ounces of gin and 1.5 ounces of cardamom and clove simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to combine well.
4. Divide gin/simple syrup mixture between two ice-filled glasses.
5. Top each glass off with tonic water.
6. Garnish with a lime and a sprinkle of cloves.
This gin cocktail chock full of fall spices is a fabulous drink to sip curled up in a blanket as the weather cools. Do you have a favorite fall cocktail? Let me know in the comments below!