In honor of my girls’ weekend trip to Vegas, I thought I would share a rather traditional desert drink: the margarita! I know there are about a bazzilion different recipes floating around with all kinds of incredible additives (I may have very unsuccessfully been on the hunt for off-season prickly pear juice) but I do believe my favorite margarita is an incredibly well made ‘rita on the rocks with plenty of salt! Simple and fresh the Agave Sweetened Margarita is a margarita purist’s dream.
3 Ounces Tequila (I happen to like yellow tequila, some prefer white)
2 Ounces Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
1 ½ Ounces Cointreau (yes, not triple sec!)
1 ½ Teaspoons Agave Nectar
Salt for Rim
1. Pour tequila and Cointreau into a cocktail shaker.
2. Add agave nectar and freshly squeezed lime juice.
3. Add Ice and shake vigorously to blend.
4. Using a lime rind, wet the outside of your margarita glass.
5. While the rim is wet, dip into a shallow dish of salt.
6. Pour margarita into salt-rimmed glass over ice.
7. Garnish with a lime.
What is your favorite kind of margarita? Let me know in the comments below!
Be sure to check out my Instagram this weekend to follow along with my girls and me in Vegas!
Leave a Reply