One of the (many) perks of having a mother who is in the process of getting certified as a Natural Health Practitioner is that I get to play with lots of fun kitchen toys. Vitamix anyone? So when I saw that this week’s ingredient for Better With Veggies Meatless Monday A-Z Challenge was vodka, my mind immediately flew to ‘spiralizer’ (I’m odd, I know). If you don’t know, a spiralizer is a machine that slices ribbons from vegetables in a fluid motion, and turns out a product that, depending on the size of the blade, looks like spaghetti! Using this I created a deliciously vegan meal which is both super quick, and raw!
For the Vegetable ‘Pasta:’
- Butternut Squash
- A Spiralizer (if you don’t have one you can either julienne your veggies or switch the veggies to plain pasta—still vegetarian!)
For the Dilled Vodka Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoons Vodka
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Dill Weed
- ½ Teaspoon Sweet Basil Leaf
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
1. Prep the squash by peeling it, slicing it in half, and discarding the seeds. I like to leave the skin on the Zucchini, but slice off each end.
5. Enjoy- it really is that simple!
|Tinkerbelle Loves Zucchini|