My two Samoyed pups have an insane amount of fur. Because of that, it is a pain in the rear to to do a full on, dump them in water and handfuls of shampoo groom. So, to keep them fresh in between baths I use all natural dry shampoo for dogs! The dry shampoo much easier, is so much quicker, and I get a lot less groaning from my fluffs, so it is a win-win all around if your pup is not in desperate need of a bath and is just a little smelly!
This recipe is only four ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry- and all of them are all natural- no nasty artificial products that make you nervous just in case your pup loves to lick!
- Combine cornstarch and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add drops of essential oil. The tea tree oil is great for itching and hotspots, the lavender is anti-inflammatory and calming, so add as much or as little of each as you’d like (just make sure that the mixture stays dry.)
- This is where the sifter comes in handy- you want to combine all of the ingredients together without any lumps. Passing it through a sifter ensures that there aren’t any!
- Spoon your mixture into your shaker. I made my own by using a mason jar and poking holes in the top with a hammer and a nail.
- Sprinkle a healthy amount onto your (DRY) pup, and spread around thoroughly with your fingers. This can get a bit messy with the dust from the powder, so I’d recommend doing it in the bathtub or outside.
- Enjoy your fresh smelling pup!
What are your favorite ways to keep your pups fresh? Let me know in the comments below! Also, looking for fresh breath? Here’s a DIY All Natural Pup Toothpaste Recipe!
Prefer your recipes on video (with my pups’ smiling faces)? Take a peek down below and don’t forget to subscribe!