When you look in the cabinet over your sink you’ll probably see lots of remedies for yourself, your kids, for everything under the sun. But if you have a furry little friend like my Tinkerbelle, you should have a first aid kit put together for them as well! So these few items are a great start for treating your pets naturally.
For Wounds and Skin Issues:
1. Calendula. This amazing flowering plant is an incredible moisturizer, an anti-inflammatory, and an antibacterial. You can use it to treat hot spots, dry noses, and scrapes!
2. Arnica. Arnica is a flower that has properties that help to alleviate inflammation, bruising, aches and pains. You can administer it internally using the tablets and apply it externally to the affected area so it can work from the inside out and the outside in.
3. Tea Tree Oil’s antiseptic and antifungal qualities are great for cleaning wounds, and preventing bacteria and other irritants from growing
For Digestive Problems:
4. Slippery elm powder can be sprinkled in food or in liquid to help soothe your pup’s intestines in the case of diarrhea or constipation. To boost the soothing power, add a scoop of yogurt to your pet’s food to restore your pet’s intestinal flora.
5. For a fast way to soothe burnt skin you can cut off a leaf of an Aloe Vera plant and squeeze its insides onto the affected area for relief.
6. Don’t have a green thumb? Lavender oil is a wonderfully smelling alternative to aloe for burn relief. It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic (pain relieving) qualities!
7. Styptic Pencils, made of aluminum, are a great and fast way to stop bleeding in the case of nails snipped to short or small cuts, like those from grooming shears.
8. Bach Rescue Remedy for Pets is an alcohol-free version of the Rescue Remedy I always carry in my pocketbook. The combination of herbs is helpful in soothing tension and anxiety, from nerves from fireworks to separation or travel anxiety it can work wonders on your pet’s nerves.
Do you have a go-to at home remedy for your pup’s help? Let me know in the comments below!
Some links are affiliate links.
BCP Veterinary Pharmacy says
Wow! Thanks for sharing! I don’t have aid kit for my pet but I definitely gonna get one…