For some reason when I moved to Colorado I didn’t think it would be so wonderful at producing fruit. Generally, I thought Florida oranges, Hawaii pineapples, not ‘Colorado peaches’ and oh how wrong I was. I may be a bit biased, but Palisade peaches here in Colorado knock the socks off Georgia peaches. Shots fired.
So, because I purchased a fruit share with my CSA box this summer, I have been inundated with the sweet, fuzzy fruit so I’ve had to get a bit creative using them all up. From fruit leather to dog treats I’ve tried it all. But this week I decided to add tequila, because what screams summer more than tequila?!
This recipe is SUPER simple and takes about ten minutes to make (depending on how fast you can juice limes!) so it is great to make in a pinch when you have friends coming over without notice!
Peach Tequila Spritzer Ingredients:
3 Medium Peaches (about two cups of puree)
3 Medium Limes (between 1/4- 1/2 cup of juice depending on preference)
1/2 Cup Tequila (I prefer Don Julio)
Sparkling Water or Seltzer
Mint Sprigs for Garnish
1. Begin by pitting your peaches and popping them into a high speed blender (I use a Ninja) and puree until smooth. No need to get the skin off first, we’ll be using a strainer later!
2. Juice your limes into a bowl or measuring cup. Add tequila, and stir well.
3. Using a strainer over your lime juice mix, strain the peach puree into the mix and combine well.
4. Give your blender a quick rinse to get the rest of the peach skin out, and then throw your liquid mixture back in for a quick pulse to combine.
5. Pour over ice into glasses of your choice so it fills about 3/4 of the way. Top of with your favorite bubbly water, garnish with a mint spring and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 24 ounces of peach tequila spritzer mixture (before you add your bubbles) so if you have extra, freeze it for later!
What have you been making with your excess fruit this summer? Let me know in the comments below!
Some links are affiliate links. The Don Julio was gifted to me. All opinions are my own.