I have what you might call an ‘obsessive personality.’ I own my favorite T-shirt in four colors and wear them until they are completely see-through. The same thing goes with music albums, I will play them in their entirety on repeat until I can’t stand them anymore. So, I don’t generally just ‘like’ things- I love them. And that is where this Summer Favorites list comes in. These are the things that both myself and my pups have been obsessing over so far this summer. There’s a little bit of everything in here because, quite frankly, that is how my mind works!
Summer Favorites (Humans)
1. I use my Gaiam Balance Bar Chair on the daily. Working from home and on the computer means that, unfortunately, I sit for a good chunk of my day. Since having this ball (and the base- that has wheels!!) I am so much more comfortable and don’t have nearly as much back pain. It is also great for my core and I’ve been sitting up straighter. Win-Win.
2. This Yoloha Yoga Wheel was love at first sight. The wheel is cork (yay eco-friendly and antimicrobial properties) and the business is family owned and has such a great story (seriously, I called the help line to edit my shipping address because of an auto fill in error and it went straight to the owner’s wife’s cellphone!) It has been super fun to use while deepening my backbends and for a great base for inversion work!
3. The Rosebud flavor from Upstart Kombucha is my favorite kombucha flavor bar none. I love that it is a local Boulder company and the ingredients are so deliciously simple.
4. If you’ve been following me on social media (my Instagram is pretty lovely *hint hint*) you’d have noticed that I got the chance to attend the Wanderlust Festival in Aspen as press. And I was obsessed with everything. Fun music, great classes (I even attended a blacklight class with the lights off?!) and SUCH a great marketplace- that’s where I spotted the yoga wheel- Wanderlust had it all! It is an incredibly cool experience to have so many yogis in one place. If you want to check out their upcoming schedule check it out here!
5. I love a good deck of what you might term ‘hippie’ cards- appropriate, I know. I have multiple Tarot card decks (this Herbal Tarot deck is my latest fav) and so when I was sent The Crystal Wisdom Healing Oracle deck I was super excited. I love crystals, my beginner’s guide to them is here, and so combining crystals with an oracle deck? Yes. Please.
6. The same woman, Judy Hall, who created the crystal cards has a number of books out as well. The Crystal Bible is a super simple way to look up the properties of crystals, how to identify them, and the like in one small package.
7 & 8. Apparently I’ve been on a book binge lately, but I couldn’t help but order the 1000 Foods to Eat Before You Die when it popped up on my Amazon recommended list! I have loved my copy of 1000 Places to See Before You Die for YEARS! It is falling apart and very well-loved, not to mention well-traveled!
Summer Favorites- Pups!
1 & 2. The I and love and you dog food brand is by far the highest quality dog food that I have ever come across, and I’m not just saying that because they sponsor the fluffs’ Instagram! A local Boulder company, ILY food and treats are essentially human food for dogs. Seriously, in the dehydrated food you can SEE the chunks of veggies! The pups love love the food- there are happy dances all around when the dog food bag (or mixing bowl in the case of dehydrated food) comes out! Plus, the grass-fed free-range ‘Ear Candy’ beef ears are the only ear chews that don’t make the girls sick to their stomachs! (I’ve found out most do the hard way after they pick their treat at the pup store!)
3. Words cannot express how much I ABHORE this creepy, squeaky, throughly annoying dog toy. But, oh my goodness, Tinkerbelle and Meeko LOVE it. It came in their Olympics-themed BarkBox (apparently weird long legged potato women compete?) and it has been their favorite since the box opened up!
4. This dog bed from Petco is both super cute and really comfortable (I may have snuggled up with the girls once or twice) and relatively inexpensive for its size! Big upgrade from the wall-less round one that I had in my living room before!
5. This steel grooming comb has been a life saver this summer. Meek decided that she should shed her coat a second time because it has been absurdly hot here in Denver and I’ve had to brush her nearly every day to try to thwart the accumulation of tumbleweeds of dog fur throughout my apartment. This comb is wonderful at teasing out her undercoat while leaving the longer coat intact so she doesn’t get sunburnt!
What are some of your summer favorites from the past few months? Let me know in the comments below! Also, text not enough? Watch the my summer favorites video below to hear a bit more in depth about my favorites above (and some fun extras!)
Some links are affiliate links and some products have been sent to me free of charge. All opinions are my own!