I love bath bombs. I am one of those people than can sit in a bubble bath until it gets cold reading something silly (usually a ridiculous old western romance) and when you add a fizzy bath bomb loaded with super moisturizing Shea butter I’m in heaven.
With Valentine’s Day on the way, I thought it would be fun to share a heart-centered shape, but you can use any molds you’d like to keep this recipe relevant all year long!
What You’ll Need:
1. Mix together all dry ingredients, making sure to break up any clumps.
2. Melt your Shea Butter.
3. Slowly mix melted Shea Butter into your dry ingredients a drizzle at a time, to prevent over fizzing your mixture.
4. Add sprays of witch hazel, slowly a few sprays at a time. I use witch hazel instead of water because I found it fizzes less.
5. Keep adding sprays of witch hazel and mixing until the mixture keeps its form when you grab and squeeze a handful.
6. Add a bit of your reserved garnish Himalayan Salt to each mold- this will show up on top of the bath bomb.
7. Working with a small bit of your mixture at a time, press into molds, squishing as hard as you can after each addition until molds are full.
8. Leave over night or until completely dry.
9. Pop out of molds. If you’d prefer a harder crust on your bath bombs you can use a spray of witch hazel to re-wet them and let dry fully.
10. Pop a bath bomb into your hot bath and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
Want to see me make these on video? Watch below!
What is your favorite treat-yourself ritual? Let me know in the comments below!