I am not the biggest breakfast fan. Brunch, sure, but breakfast? Functioning that early in the morning is not exactly my thing. However, when you have a box of CSA goodies hanging out on the counter calling to you and leftover potatoes just about to sprout, you get to cooking.
These potatoes turn out crispy, the perfect accompaniment to normal, super soft breakfast foods, without losing their fresh-from-the-garden taste. Plus, leftovers mixed with a scoop of vegan yogurt turns into a delicious potato salad!
1. Preheat your frying pan to medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and water to frying pan and cover. Let potatoes steam for 12-15 minutes or until pierce-able with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, prepare onion by uniformly dicing, garlic scapes (or green onion) by finely chopping, and mincing the dill.
4. The water should have evaporated, however if not carefully pour off.
5. Add coconut oil to the pan to start the frying process.
6. Add onion and scapes.
7. Allow onions to brown and potatoes to crisp up, stirring to make sure all potatoes get crispy.
8. Turn off heat and gently stir in dill.
9. Serve hot with your favorite breakfast!
I love whipping up recipes from stuff lying around the kitchen, do you have a favorite you’ve whipped up? Let me know in the comments below!