I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser #SilkAlmondBlends.
I have never been a cow’s milk drinker- even when I was a child I really disliked it (sometimes I attribute the fact that I am the shortest one in my family to my lack of milk intake versus my siblings’). However when it comes to the taste and benefits of almond milk I can drink it all day every day- from cooking with almond milk to downing a glass! So when I was offered the opportunity through #CollectiveBias to check out my favorite almond milk brand, Silk, and their new Almond Coconut Blend and the Almond Milk Protein and Fiber I used in my Vegan Avocado Soup Recipe!
There are so many benefits of regular almond milk, but I love that these new products amp up the protein and fiber! You really can’t beat a glass of tasty almond milk to help you get your required nutrients. This Vegan Avocado Soup is perfect for those summer afternoons or evenings when you just don’t want to think about anything warm entering your body- the temperature outside is enough! Refreshing and delicious, it is a perfect pick-me-up for cooling down an enjoying a meal.
I purchased the new Silk Blends at Safeway just down the street in the dairy aisle- I LOVED that it was labeled Colorado Proud!
– 4 Ripe Avocados
– 2 Cups Almond Milk (or more if you prefer a runnier soup)
– 2 Cloves Garlic, Roughly Chopped
– 1 Shallot, Roughly Chopped
– 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
– 2 Teaspoons Nutmeg
– 1 Teaspoon Cumin
– Squeeze of Lemon Juice
– Salt and Pepper to Taste
– Optional Topping: Chopped Tomato, Corn, Red Onion, Parsley
1. In a small skillet on medium-low heat, heat up olive oil and add chopped garlic and shallot. Let brown. Set aside to cool.
2. In a blender add avocado (discard pits), browned garlic and shallots, squeeze of lemon, and spices.
3. Add Silk Milk, starting with two cups and adding more ½ cup at a time until desired consistency.
4. Blend well.
5. Spoon into bowls or ramekins and top with chopped topping.
6. Enjoy chilled!
Do you have a favorite way to enjoy almond milk? Let me know in the comments below!