I love lemonade. It just screams summer. It is tart, sweet, and refreshing all at the same time, and add a splash of vodka and you’ve got a perfect drink for sipping during that picnic in the park! Last year’s Summer Drink Series featured Spiked Lavender Lemonade and Spiked Basil Lemonade (both of which I love and have made countless times!) so I’m adding to the list with Spiked Pomegranate-Mint Lemonade!
I think one of the best things about lemonade is its incredible versatility! The flavor profiles you can add to your standard lemonade are incredibly diverse and they taste just as good with or without vodka!
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat add 1 ½ cup water, sugar, and ¼ fresh mint leaves.
2. Let them come to a soft boil and then simmer for three minutes.
3. Pour simple syrup through a strainer to remove mint leaves and allow to cool completely.
4. In a large pitcher, mix remaining water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, pomegranate juice, and cooled simple syrup. Stir to combine. Add vodka if desired.
5. Add ice and fresh mint leaves.
6. Garnish with lemon slices and serve chilled.
Do you have a favorite flavor of lemonade that is your go-to for summer? Let me know in the comments below!