I love nights in with the girls. Mix great friends, good food, and a bottle of wine and you have the recipe for laughter! Last week I had a good girlfriend over (her pup, Sully, was the one who Snapchatted Tinkerbelle for her birthday) and I whipped up a fun chicken dish that just screamed summer!
Honey-Lime Chicken with Spicy Pineapple-Avocado Relish is both super easy and quick (especially if you are working from already cut pineapple) and is slightly reminiscent of Mexican dishes- adding a kick to dinner!
1. Combine pineapple, avocado, jalapeños, cilantro, and juice of ½ a lime. Toss well. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine ¼ cup lime juice, honey, cumin, and cayenne. Mix well.
3. Preheat a skillet to medium heat. Add coconut oil.
4. Dip each thin slice of chicken breast in the honey-lime mixture and add directly to skillet.
5. Let cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is fully cooked. The honey-lime mixture will begin to bubble, browning the chicken nicely.
6. After chicken is done place on a paper towel to remove any remaining oil, then top with relish. The avocado will begin to melt creating a wonderful creamy ‘sauce.’
7. Enjoy hot!
I love how this dish tastes like spicy summer nights! Also, it is highly customizable when it comes to spice. I am a bit of a baby when it comes to heat so I tend to stay on the less-spicy end of the spectrum. While this dish most definitely has a kick, you are more then welcome to add extra cayenne for you crazy kids that like the burn!
Do you have a favorite chicken dish for summer? Let me know in the comments below!