I’ve mentioned a few times on here that I am not particularly a breakfast person. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE breakfast foods, but more often than not this night owl doesn’t feel like being bothered with actually cooking anything more than throwing spinach and eggs in a pan. However, now that I teach a few morning yoga classes I need something to fuel me up in the morning that will be quick, delicious and in this case, vegan!
1. Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add sweet potato chunks and let simmer until easily pierced with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to a large sauté pan, let melt.
3. Add onion, garlic, and thyme to pan with oil. Stir often.
4. After onions begin to turn translucent and garlic browns, add chopped peppers. I used red, orange, and yellow peppers to compliment the sweet potatoes!
5. Let the onions sweat and warm throughout.
6. Drain sweet potatoes and pat dry, add to onion/pepper mixture.
7. Turn the heat up to high, and add the remaining 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
8. Allow the veggies to ‘fry’ in the oil until they begin to crisp. If you’re looking for crispier potatoes (I tend to like them softer) remove onion/pepper mixture from the pan before adding oil to crisp potatoes and add the mixture back in when they are crisped to your liking!
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
This Savory Sweet Potato Hash refrigerates well- add this tasty vegan side to dishes throughout the week! Do you have a favorite hash recipe? Let me know in the comments below!