You all know how big of a fan I am of Meatless Monday! From the beginning of Chickadee Says (what seems like ages ago!) I’ve created meat-free recipes to share. Eventually Meatless Mondays reached out and I became an official MM blogger (yay!) and for this week’s recipe I was able to work with an incredible range of sauces from Sweet Sunshine in partnership with the Meatless Monday team!
I was sent the Sweet Sunshine line of sauces to try and play with and I love that their motto is “Flavor Before Fire.” In general I am a complete baby when it comes to super spicy food, but even with the incredible spice that some of the sauces have (Roasted Shallot and Garlic I’m looking at you!) they aren’t the burn-off-your-tastebuds spicy, but rather the woah-that’s-amazing spicy!
I had a bit of a tasting party to try all six varieties of the sauces and everyone loved them- including the kiddos! I decided that my favorite sauce was the wonderfully complex flavor of the Jamaican Jerk and knew that it would pair wonderfully with the smooth, creamy texture of avocados.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add coconut oil to a shallow saucepan on a medium heat burner. Add shallot and allow to brown.
3. Wash, de-stem and roughly chop mushrooms. Add to pan with shallot.
4. Let the mushrooms cook down for about 5 minutes, then add washed garbanzo beans.
5. Mix well for about 3 minutes or until beans are warmed through.
6. Add Sweet Sunshine Jamaican Jerk sauce. Mix well.
7. Take off of heat, cover and let sit about 5 minutes allowing for flavors to meld.
8. Halve the avocados, and remove pits. Using a spoon widen the ‘cup’ of the avocado so you can fit more filling. (If you’re me you eat the excess avocado- whoops!)
9. Fill avocado ‘cups’ with mushroom mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
10. Pop into preheated oven for 10 minutes.
11. Optional: top with grated cheese and extra sauce.
12. Serve hot and enjoy!
I am a salt and pepper fiend. I very rarely don’t add both to dishes but this one doesn’t need any extra help! The Jamaican Jerk is incredibly complex and hearty- it stands amazingly all on its own!
Surprise! The folks over at Sweet Sunshine want you to have a flight of sauces for your own! Enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win all six award winning sauces.
I was sent a flight of sauces by Sweet Sunshine for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply