I love lasagna in all its shapes and forms. You really can’t get better than cheese, noodles, a delicious tomato sauce, and veggies! My favorite recipes are those that you can chuck whatever looks good in a single dish, pop it in the oven to cook and be done with it! (I am currently laughing at my attempt at being ‘punny’ using ‘done’ aka cooked instead of ‘finished.’ English major jokes.) You have the option of creating a few more dishes to remove some of the excess liquid that is created by not pre-cooking the mushrooms, but I’m lazy and just used a slotted spoon to serve!
– 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and thinly sliced
– 1 Quart Tomato Sauce
– 2 Cups Spinach
– 2 Cups Mushrooms, sliced
– 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
– 1 Tub Ricotta (15oz)
– Shredded Parmesan as Garnish
– 2 Teaspoons Each Thyme, Oregano, Basil
– Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl add mozzarella, ricotta, and spices. Mix well.
3. Layer the bottom of your baking dish with 1/3 of the tomato sauce. I used homemade tomato sauce that is just tomatoes, roasted garlic, and fresh basil. You can use whatever your favorite is!
4. On top of the sauce layer slices of butternut squash, follow by a layer of ½ the cheese mixture, then another layer of squash slices.
5. Add the sliced mushrooms then 1/3 of the tomato sauce. As noted above, I didn’t pre-cook my mushrooms, which can lead to a bit of excess liquid. If you’d rather not serve with a slotted spoon, cook your mushrooms down first in a bit of olive oil, then add to the layer!
6. Add another layer of squash slices, then the remaining cheese mixture, topped by your spinach.
7. Add your last layer of squash slices, top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle the parmesan on top!
8. Cover and pop into your preheated oven for 45 minutes, remove cover for last 15 minutes for a crispier dish!
9. Enjoy hot!
|Tink, the veggie lover, wants some!|
I can’t get enough of this veggie lasagna- do you have a traditionally meaty dish that you’ve turned vegetarian? Let me know in the comments below!