You can’t get more festive than a candy cane. Well, that is unless you use them to top three different kinds of chocolate! Peppermint bark is one of my favorite holiday treats, not just because it tastes delicious, but because it is so easy to make! Ten minutes of chocolate melting, a couple whacks with a rolling pin, and a few minutes cooling in the freezer and you’re ready to impress your family and friends at this year’s holiday party.
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. In a double boiler or a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt the dark chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
3. Pour the dark chocolate onto the waxed paper, and using a spatula, spread evenly.
4. In the same double boiler melt the milk chocolate, once again stirring until smooth.
5. Pour the milk chocolate on top of the spread dark chocolate and spread to coat the dark chocolate layer.
6. In either the cleaned double boiler or a separate bowl, melt the white chocolate until smooth.
7. Pour the white chocolate into the center of the chocolate layers.
8. Using a spatula or a knife mix the white chocolate into the dark and milk chocolate in circular motions until you are satisfied with how it looks.
9. Place the candy canes in a plastic bag between two dish towels.
10. Using a rolling pin, crush the candy into small pieces, then spread the pieces on the cooling chocolate.
11. Let the layers cool and harden. I hurried up the process by popping the baking sheet in the freezer for a few minutes.
12. Break the hardened chocolate using your hands or a knife into more manageable pieces.
What is your favorite holiday treat? I’d love to know- let me know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply