As the weather gets colder I have been trying to warm myself up in the mornings by making hot breakfasts. But quite frankly, I am not a morning person. So, having me cooking over a hot stove in before sunrise on days I have yoga teacher training isn’t a particularly great idea (think accidental burns). These baked egg cups are a great way to combat my still half-asleep clumsiness because you can make them ahead of time and just pop them in the toaster oven (read: fool proof) as you’re getting ready!
– 4 Eggs
– 1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
– ½ Cup Chopped Red Peppers
– ¼ Cup Milk
– 1 Onion, Chopped
– ¾ Cup Grated Cheese of Your Choice
– 1 Tablespoon Ground Mustard
– 1 Teaspoon Thyme
– Olive Oil
1. Preheat Oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and spices.
3. Add about a tablespoon of EVOO to a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and let brown 6-8 minutes.
4. Add browned onion, mushrooms, and peppers to the egg mixture. Combine well.
5. Add ½ cup of grated cheese to the egg mixture.
6. Coat a muffin tin with olive oil.
7. Using a ladle, add egg mixture to each muffin mold leaving ¼ to ½ inch of space for the eggs to rise.
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of each mold filled with egg mixture.
9. Place muffin tin in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!