I usually am terrible when it comes to leftovers. Lazy me makes what’s easy or expected without putting much thought into the dish I’m creating. However, I had some gorgeous cuts of cod left over from having a friend over for Cod en Papillote and decided I needed to make them into something special but still simple. I used my cod, leftover sliced veggies and added panko to create an easy but delicious dish!
– Cod, cut up into chunks
– 1 Cup Panko
– 1 Tablespoon Tarragon
– 1 Tablespoon Garlic Flakes
– 1 Egg
– Sliced Vegetables of Your Choice (I used onion, purple potatoes, squash, and carrots)
– Lemon Cut into Wedges
– Salt and Pepper to Taste
– Olive Oil
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix together panko crumbs, tarragon, and garlic flakes.
3. In a separate small bowl whisk an egg to combine the yolk and egg whites.
4. In the base of a glass baking dish layer sliced veggies. Mist with olive oil.
5. Dredge each chunk of cod in the whisked egg then coat completely with panko mixture.
6. Place each breaded cod chunk on top of the sliced veggies.
7. Add lemon wedges to veggie mixture then season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place in preheated oven and let bake 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
What is your favorite recipe that you’ve created from leftovers? Let me know in the comments below!