It’s tailgate season! Which usually means lots of incredibly unhealthy (but delicious) food, cheap beer, and lots of yelling at the television. And while I can’t help with the yelling at the TV bit, (goodness knows I do when the Bruins are on) I can help with the first two. Cheap beer? Try serving a super simple and super tasty Spiced Pomegranate Martini. Unhealthy food? How about serving up some quick-to-make Autumn Spice Baked Sweet Potato Fries? You’re satisfied by same starchy goodness that you get from your typical fry, but with much less oil and a lot more flavor! Your tailgate buddies will thank you!
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
2. Wash and skin the sweet potatoes. Cut them into (relatively) uniform wedges. (Note: this is easier said than done as sweet potatoes are notoriously unpredictable when it comes to size- do your best).
3. In a small bowl mix spices and oil.
4. Working in batches, add sweet potato wedges to the oil/spice mixture and coat well.
5. Place the spiced wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Pop in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the wedges are easily pierced with a fork.
7. Enjoy your fall treat!
What is your favorite tailgate food and sport? Let me know in the comments below!