When I think fall, I think spices (which is why my apartment will smell like them all season!) and I put them in almost everything! Today’s cocktail is no exception. Infusing fall spices in fruit juice is a fun was to being another dimension to a standard cocktail. And the combination of autumn spices and pomegranate, a winter fruit turned out to be a match make in heaven. Not to toot my own horn, but this super simple cocktail is my favorite I’ve created for the blog so far!
8 Ounces Pomegranate Juice
3 Ounces Vodka
5 Cinnamon Sticks
5-10 Whole Cloves
5-10 Whole Allspice
1. In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine pomegranate juice and 1 stick cinnamon (crushed), cloves, and allspice.
2. Bring to a boil then lower to temperature to let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Allow to cool completely (I stuck my whole pan in the freezer to help the process!)
4. Combine pomegranate mixture, vodka, and a few ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
5. Shake vigorously to combine.
6. Divide mixture between two martini glasses, making sure to strain any whole spices.
7. Garnish with remaining cinnamon sticks.
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear fall or autumn? Let me know in the comments below!