There is something about grilling that just screams ‘summer.’ So when I was gifted (thanks ‘rents!) the Le Creuset Skinny Grill that I featured on my Birthday Wishlist, I knew that I wanted to put it to use ASAP. One of my favorite summer meals is a grilled salad, which works perfectly with this week’s Meatless Monday from A-Z featured ingredient- heart of palm!
– Heads of Romaine Lettuce
– Heart of Palm
– Ripe Peaches
– Dried Cranberries
– Chia Seeds
– Olive Oil
1. Slice the heads of romaine lengthwise.
2. Coat the inside cut leaves of romaine with EVOO. Place cut-side down on a preheated grill. Grill 2-3 minutes until there are distinct grill lines.
3. Sprinkle walnuts with a generous amount of cinnamon. Place in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 10 minutes until toasted and brown.
4. Slice peaches into thin wedges and heart of palm in half lengthwise.
5. Place peaches on grill. Coat the heart of palm with EVOO and place cut-side down on the grill. Grill 1-2 minutes each side until there are distinct grill marks.
6. Assemble your salad. Add the grilled peaches, heart of palm, walnuts, cranberries, and chia on top of the grilled lettuce.
What is your favorite summer salad? Let me know in the comments below!
Remember to follow me on , Follow @ChickadeeSays and like ChickadeeSays on Facebook to get updates, sneak peeks, and lots more pictures of Tinkerbelle!