There are very few things in life more satisfying than picking and using produce and herbs that you have grown yourself. So when Kallie from But First, Coffee told me that she was infusing vodka with cucumber, my first thought was the dill in the silly little herb bucket on my back porch. Fresh and flavorful, I thought the very fragrant herb would pair perfectly with cucumber vodka (hopefully without making the cocktail taste like a dill pickle.) I was right. With the addition of lime juice to add a bit of a zing, cucumber vodka and dill came together perfectly to create a fresh, refreshing cocktail perfect for sipping on a hot summer night.
Ingredients: (Yield Two)
– 6 Ounces Cucumber Infused Vodka
– Juice of One Large Lime
– 4-5 Sprigs Fresh Dill
– 1 Ounce Simple Syrup
– Cucumber Slices to Garnish
1. Remove dill leaves from stems of 3 sprigs.
2. Add dill, cucumber-infused vodka, and limejuice to a cocktail shaker.
3. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice.
4. Shake vigorously.
5. Strain the liquid and pour into two martini glasses.
6. Garnish with fresh dill, a cucumber slice, and a lime twist.
This cocktail would not be possible without the delicious cucumber-infused vodka from Kallie at But First, Coffee. Make sure to check out her blog for a how-to make infused vodka tutorial!
Do you like herbs in your cocktails? Let me know in the comments below!