I’m quite vocal about being a list fanatic. So when it comes to recipe planning it should come as no surprise that I have multiple lists of dishes and ingredients that I think would taste delicious together. Normally, I look over all of my lists while planning a post, but this week’s Meatless Monday went a little differently. While I was browsing my lists (I do happen to have multiple notebooks of them) I was throwing together ingredients for a quick dinner, I looked down and realized that I was whipping up a simple, vegan dish for this week’s MMAZ ingredient, garlic, no lists required. Ironic.
– ½ Pound Green Beans (ends removed)
– 5 Cloves of Garlic
– 4 Large Fresh Basil Leaves
– 1 Cup Quinoa
– 1 Cup Fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
– Olive Oil
1. Put quinoa and 2 cups water in a rice cooker. Let cook.
2. Peel the garlic. I love the silly looking garlic rolls that easily remove the skin.
3. Add garlic and torn basil leaves into a food processor, pulse until finely chopped.
4. Preheat a frying pan on medium with olive oil. Add the garlic-basil mixture.
5. Prep veggies while garlic is browning. Slice mushrooms and chop green beans into 3 inch long pieces.
6. When garlic is browned (about 3-5 minutes) add chopped veggies.
7. Let cook, combining well, until mushrooms are tender and the green beans are a vibrant green.
8. Serve veggie mixture over quinoa. Enjoy!
There is nothing easier than throwing together a dish of sautéed veggies for dinner. Adding quinoa and garlic make it a filling meal full of flavor!
|Tinker loves her green beans!|
What is your favorite, easy weeknight meal? Let me know in the comments below!