Bourbon and peaches is a southern match made in heaven. Add blackberries to the mix and you get a drink that tastes like summer smells, fruity with a spicy undertone. (Summer days versus summer nights, anyone?) This spritzer is simple to make and requires ingredients that are already on your summer shopping list. Plus, it’s made with bourbon, so to all you men, and ladies with men in your lives, there is no complaining about ‘girly, fruity, summer drinks.’
Ingredients (yields two):
– ½ Peach, Sliced
– 6 Blackberries
– 3 Ounces Bourbon (I used Bulleit)
– 6 Ounces Seltzer (½ a can)
– 1 Ounce Simple Syrup
– Lemon Wedge for Garnish
1. Add blackberries and peaches into a cocktail shaker. Muddle until a thick, pulpy juice.
2. Add simple syrup, Bourbon, and seltzer to the cocktail shaker.
3. Add ice to fill shaker, then shake vigorously.
4. Pour through a strainer into serving glass.
5. Garnish with a lemon wedge, peach slice, and a blackberry.
6. Serve cold and enjoy!
|Spot the Puppy!|
What is your favorite summer fruit? Let me know in the comments below!