With the Solstice come and gone, it is officially summer! And now that the crazy Denver weather has (somewhat) subsided, it is hot, hot, hot here in Colorado! I don’t know about you, but when the temperatures reach the 90s all I want is frozen yogurt and lemonade. So, when Yulu Yogurt reached out and asked me to try their new Aussie-Style yogurt I decided to create a recipe that would cool down my body and perk up my taste buds. Enter: Raspberry-Mint Limeade Frozen Yogurt.
When I saw that Yulu described its yogurt as Aussie-Style I was curious. What exactly would be the difference between their yogurt and Greek yogurt? I found that it was sweeter and creamier than its tart Greek cousin. Smooth, creamy, delicious, and 9 grams of protein- what’s not to love?
1. If using an ice cream maker make sure that your bowl is frozen!
2. Puree raspberries.
3. Use reserved lime peel to create 2 teaspoons of lime zest.
4. Remove mint leaves from stems, finely chop.
5. Combine 1 cup sugar and all non-reserved ingredients in a large bowl, stir well.
6. Add mixture to ice cream maker and churn for 30-35 minutes, or until desired consistency.
7. If you aren’t using an ice cream maker, add mixture to a freezer safe bowl and periodically stir the mixture, scraping the sides until fully frozen. Note: using an ice cream maker will create a smoother frozen yogurt that is easier to scoop, however both ways taste lovely.
8. While waiting for frozen yogurt to freeze, pop the ¼ cup sugar and reserved mint leaves into a food processor. Blend well and let dry.
9. Using a discarded lime, wet the rim of your serving containers and dip in the limed-sugar.
10. Serve chilled with mint and raspberry garnish!
Curious about the super smooth Aussie-Style Yulu Yogurt? Pop over to their website to sign up for their newsletter, and follow them on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!
How do you like to cool down on hot summer days? Let me know in the comments below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yulu. The opinions and text are all mine.