I have been insanely busy this autumn and winter. For me being super busy usually involves me accidentally forgetting meals-especially breakfast. So, enter super easy, very delicious, prep ahead egg cups! This winter version is chock full of potatoes, onions, and mushrooms to give you energy and keep you full all morning.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a skillet on medium heat add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Let brown.
3. As the onions caramelize add chopped mushrooms, potatoes, and thyme.
4. In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.
5. When the potatoes are heated through add the veggie mix to the egg mixture.
6. Use olive oil (or cupcake liners) to coat a muffin pan. Pour the egg mixture into each tin and top with a pinch of cheese if desired.
7. Pop into preheated oven and let bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
What do you do to save time when you’re busy? Let me know in the comments below!