Now, I’m a hockey girl through and through. However, I do happen to enjoy some delicious Monday night football-watching probably not-so-good-for-you snacks. Since coming to Denver I have noticed that I have made quite a few friends who are equally as enthused about sports as I am, but have vegan eating habits. So I decided to do a bit of a recipe makeover to make one of my favorite dips vegan!
I have been enjoying Vegenaise for a quite a while- I actually like the taste (milder) better than regular Mayonnaise! So when Vegenaise decided to send over a box of my favorite vegan mayo I was super pleased!
1. In a large frying pan on medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
2. Add both types of onion and garlic. Stir Frequently, allow to caramelize.
3. Add onion mixture to a pre-chilled bowl and pop in the fridge to cool.
4. When cool, add Vegenaise and salt and pepper. Mix Well.
5. Serve with your favorite chips or veggies (I happen to enjoy Kettle Chips!)
Do you have a favorite football season recipe? Let me know in the comments below!