Normally I am in the camp that soup on its own is not a meal. I am a texture girl– something needs to crunch. And while soup is delicious, it is a little too liquid. But if you have been following me on Instagram you’ve seen that I have been following I.AM.YOU. Studio’s Detox to Retox program, which they so graciously sent me to try. (A post with a full review of the program will be coming soon!) Yesterday’s meal plan called for veggie soup as part of lunch, so I threw together what I had in the refrigerator and the pantry and this super filling veggie soup was born. While more like a stew than a soup, it was beyond delicious, even without my beloved crunch!
Ingredients: (All Organic)
- A collection of vegetables- I used:
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 4 Yellow Potatoes
- ½ Bunch Kale
- 4 Large Carrots
- 2 Yellow Onions
- Shitake Mushrooms
- White Button Mushrooms
- ½ Bunch Flat Leaf Parsely + extra for garnish
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 3 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- 2 tsp. Tarragon Leaf
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Prep your vegetables by washing, peeling, then chopping everything into chunks.
2. Preheat a large saucepan and add olive oil, wait until oil ‘shimmers’ then add the sweet potato, yellow potatoes, garlic cloves, and onions. Toss with olive oil and let brown about 5 minutes.
3. Add paprika, thyme, tarragon, and black pepper. Toss.